We create better environments
In order to move forward
At Forbo Flooring Systems, we believe actions speak louder than words. We want to be a trusted partner who provides full transparency when it comes to circular flooring solutions and renewable raw materials.
It's about the things we do, not just about the things we promise.
Renewable materials are an important part of a fully circular future. That’s why we continue to increase the bio-based content in our portfolio. We are the world leader in Linoleum, and our Marmoleum consists of more than 97% natural and renewable raw materials.
With life cycle assessments as our constant guide for doing right, we continue to lead the industry towards new environmental standards. We have secured third-party verified EPDs and we include human and eco-health declarations in all of our EPDs.
We work on creating products that keep the end in mind - and do this throughout our design process and choice of materials. Our Back to the Floor programme is active in many markets, contributing to reuse and recycling.
Three product categories to choose from
Thanks to our commitment to sustainability, the Forbo Flooring Systems' product portfolio has some truly unique sustainable solutions.
1. Linoleum - Created with 97% natural raw materials, Marmoleum is climate positive when it leaves our factory, without offsetting.
2. Vinyl - Truly safe to use and offers great adhesive free options, ready for the circular economy.
3. Textile - Having a high percentage of recycled content, in carpet tiles, entrance flooring and Flotex flocked flooring.
Learn more about our product portfolio by clicking on the links below.
Discover what we do to become the most sustainable flooring manufacturer
Vinyl floors are part of a versatile and increasingly adhesive-free range of products that have made great strides in terms of their technical and sustainable properties. Increased recycled content, improved lacquers and dyes, reduced product emissions (to near zero) and the elimination of harmful substances have been key steps towards circular ready sustainable vinyl flooring.
On average, we can claim the highest percentage of recycled content by weight in the industry for our textiles, up to as high as 56%. For our Coral textile solutions we use Econyl: yarns which are sourced from waste fishing nets rescued from the oceans. The yarns are made from 100% regenerated material.
A few of our accomplishments
• Our average carbon emission per square metre of product decreased by 70% from 2004-2021.
• Overall, 23% of our flooring is made up of recycled materials by weight, with some individual products containing as much as 89% recycled materials.
• All product categories offer adhesive-free flooring with 100% safe & traceable raw materials.
• 47 flooring ranges with independently reviewed Environmental Product Declarations (EPD).
• All EPDs have human health impact and eco-toxicity declarations.
• Over 10 years of annual sustainability reporting in adherence with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines.
We create better environments
Our long-term ambition is clear: to be your trusted partner for fully circular flooring solutions made from renewable materials. We want to make it easy for architects, contractors, installers and building owners alike to make the right circular flooring choice, helping them to lower their carbon footprint, reduce their waste production and maximise their use of renewable materials.Our sustainability strategy