Recreating value at the end
WE NEED TO DESIGN RECYCLED MATERIALS IN TO OUR FLOORS
tons of linoleum
tons of vinyl
tons of textile
Setting up local recycling programs
Until flooring can go fully circular on a global scale, we have started developing solutions on a regional scale by actively offering installation waste take-back programs in instances where this is the most sustainable option, taking into consideration the carbon footprint of the necessary logistics. This way we can get round current limitations and move forward in preparation for tomorrow.
Back to the Floor programs are currently already running in Sweden, France, the Netherlands, the UK and the USA.
Find out more
Recycling is not always an option
We are not trying to recycle all flooring waste within our own products. That might sound strange, but sometimes we simply can’t yet, and sometimes it is even irresponsible to do so.
There are many ways in which we are currently dealing with residues:
• Working with raw material suppliers for centralised recycling. For example, chemical recycling for vinyl is being explored.
• Using materials in our own production, such as post-consumer linoleum, vinyl scrap etc.
• Working with customers to extend floor life or renovate floors.
• Collaborating with external parties for solutions. For example: some linoleum waste is used as filler in the cement industry.
• Working with waste management companies, for example by researching biodegradation or otherwise extracting as much energy as possible through incineration.