The cleanroom suitability certification of Colorex actually consists of two independent qualifications:
The CSM qualification, which defines the suitability of Colorex EC for a specific cleanroom class, based on particle release and outgassing behaviour. This is the main qualification for pharmaceutical cleanrooms.
The TESTED DEVICE certification, where the action of chemical and biological stresses on Colorex EC, as well as its decontamination capabilities, have been assessed. This test series will be typically dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry, to life science applications and to healthcare in general.
CSM stands for Cleanroom Suitable Materials. CSM is an industry alliance that was initiated by the Fraunhofer IPA institute in 2003. The CSM alliance develops testing methods based on international standards dedicated to assess and validate the cleanroom suitability of anything that is used or is entering a cleanroom environment. Today, some 30 leading names of the contamination control industry worldwide are part of the alliance. Forbo Flooring Systems joined the CSM alliance in 2009.
The qualification highlights of Colorex EC are:
● Airborne particle emission test and cleanroom suitability (ISO 14644-1)
● Outgassing analysis and classification (ISO 14644-8)
● Adhesion of micro-organisms
● Assessment of microbial metabolic potential (ISO 846)
● Chemical resistance (ISO 2812-1)
● Cleanability rating (VDI guideline 2083 Pat 4)
● cGMP classification complying to Class A