Sphera EC is a homogeneous vinyl flooring with electrostatic conductive properties. To ensure consistent, reliable performance, a certain amount of carbon black chips has been added. The marbled design chips soften the appearance and give the design an authentic look. The 13 colours have an easy to clean and mat surface thanks to the clean sabbia embossing structure.
Sphera SD is a floor covering with static dissipative properties. To ensure consistent, reliable performance, a certain amount of dissipative chips has been added. The clean sabbia embossing structure gives this floor covering an easy to clean, mat surface.
The 14 items form a well balanced colour palette.
The Forbo Sphera SD & EC conductive vinyl floor coverings are easy to clean and maintain, thanks to their highly durable PUR finish.
Download here the Sphera SD | EC Cleaning & Maintenance document:
Sphera SD | EC floorcare advice
The Forbo Sphera SD | EC sheet collection consists of 2 sub collections: Sphera SD (Static Dissipative) and Sphera EC (Electrostatic Conductive. Both floor coverings offer a trustworthy flooring solution for the most demanding of controlled environments.
Sphera is produced in Forbo’s new purpose-built European manufacturing plant, which means that all the latest insights and technology have been used to create ‘smart’ and innovative solutions resulting in a premium floor covering.
The benefits of Sphera SD | EC
• Innovative product development and carefully controlled production processes ensure a flooring solution with permanent conductive properties, which complies with all ESD flooring standards.
• Optimal performance of the floor covering will remain throughout it's lifetime, regardless of the conditions of the environment, such as humidity levels.
• Low emissions and phthalate free manufacturing ensures that Sphera SD | EC can contribute to a healthy indoor environment
• The unique SMART control top layer makes Sphera SD | EC resistant to stains and scratches, for a durable and hygienic solution.
• Thanks to the conductive backing, there is no need for conductive adhesive underneath the full sheet, only to affix the copper strip. This reduces installation costs and risks of installation errors.
• Sphera SD | EC is produced in a zero waste environment, ensuring efficient and sustainable manufacturing.
A prerequisite for a floor that performs for many years is the quality of the installation. The conductive backing makes the installation easier and less critical when it comes to ESD performance.
Download here the installation manual:
Sphera SD | EC installation guidance note
Download here Sphera SD | EC LRV & NCS document
In architecture, Light Reflectance Value (LRV) is a measure of the percentage of visible and usable light that is reflected from a surface when illuminated by a light source. The LRV can be linked to a number of decisions on which a colour can be chosen. The approximate LRV of a colour indicates the amount of visible light that a colour will reflect. Black has a light reflectance value of 0% and absorbs all light. White has a light reflectance value of 100% and keeps a building light and cool. It also links to the use of electricity where lighter colours need less lighting, which is a direct saving for the environment. All Forbo products carry a light reflection value, which can be found in the text next to the enlargement of the tabletop.
NCS colour coding describes the colour of any material. With numeric colour codes, so called NCS Notations, such as NCS S 1080-Y70R, any colour can be described precisely. NCS has defined 1950 standardised colours at every 10th step of the colour space to represent the entire colour space. Each notation's colour sample is visually identical to any other colour sample of the same notation, whether it is a standardised colour or a colour in between the 1950 standard colours. This way you can find matching flooring colours with other coloured items in a room.
The 'Natural Colour System' NCS has been developped in order to indentify the colour value, its intensity and hue for a product. By using the NCS maesurement system, colours and colour groups can be identified and matched regardless of the material that has been used. In this way colour coordinates for different aspects of the interior of a building can be determined. All Forbo Flooring products carry an NCS code, which can be found next to the enlargement of the tabletop and in our downloadcenter.