The decision to weld Marmoleum is a purely aesthetic decision. A tight edge butted join will provide a secure and serviceable join for general purpose locations. For healthcare and specific location requirements, welding using our heat welding system may be the most appropriate option.
There are Multi coloured welds available to make this join blend in.
What is marmoleum flooring?
Marmoleum is Forbo's brand of linoleum flooring which is a natural flooring product consisting of linseed oil, pine rosin, wood flour, limestone, pigments, and Jute.
Key characteristics of linoleum flooring
• 97% natural (bio-based)
• 72% renewable (jute, wood flour, linseed rosin)
• Naturally bacteriostatic inhibits MRSA, C-Diff (no additives)
• Does not require sealing/ polishing
• Extremely hard wearing - will harden over time due to continuing oxidation
• Suitable use on walls, ceilings, and furniture
• Can be coved and welded (welding not necessary)