The benefits of conventional fit seams
Marmoleum provides a better looking, more cost effective, and more hygienic solution to traditional heat-welded sheet vinyl.
Due to the developments and advancements made over the last decades with the combination of Marmoleum® TopShield™ (Forbo’s factory finish for Marmoleum®) and improvements in Forbo’s water-based adhesives in respect to both topical water exposures and concrete moisture vapor emissions, heat welding Marmoleum is no longer necessary when used installed with Forbo adhesives.
As an alternative to heat welding Marmoleum® we would recommend doing a conventional fit seam. When Marmoleum® is installed following the recommended installation guidelines with the recommended Forbo adhesive, the result will be a highly water resistant hygienic seam, which does not require heat welding. This can aid in reducing the cost and time required for installation while improving aesthetics. Conventional fit is a seam with no gaps or fullness.
Conventional Fit Seam
3rd party research shows that conventional fit seams are as hygienic in hospital settings as heat welded sheet vinyl.
Conventional fit seams research
Benefits of eliminating heat welding are:
• 3rd party research shows that conventional fit seams are as hygienic in hospital settings as heat welded sheet vinyl.
• Reduced overall installed cost
• Improved aesthetics with no weld lines to disrupt the visual and accent the seams
• Improved environmental performance with substantial reduction in CO2 footprint by eliminating the use of a high wattage heat gun for installation of weld rods.
• Improved Indoor Environmental Quality for installers/building occupants by elimination of emissions of melting PVC based welding rods during installation