The Flooring Systems division offers a broad and attractive range of environmentally friendly linoleum, highquality vinyl floors, entrance flooring systems for cleaning and drying shoes, carpet tiles, needle felt, and Flotex, the washable textile flooring. Thanks to their excellent technical properties and attractive design, these flooring products are invariably the first choice for public buildings, department stores, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities, schools, libraries, commercial and office spaces, leisure centers, shops, hotels, restaurants, and cafeterias as well as for applications in the residential market. With a market share of over 65 percent, Forbo is the world leader in linoleum.
Flooring Systems also provides ready-made adhesives for flooring installations and ceramic tiles as well as leveling compounds for the construction industry under the trade name Eurocol.
Forbo Flooring Systems is a global player in high-quality commercial and residential floor coverings with more than 150 years of experience. We focus on environmentally friendly, functional and design-oriented floors. In our Ripley plant we are proud to produce one of our core products: Flotex Flocked Flooring.
Production Technician, Flock Prep, Ripley Derbyshire
- Undertake safety training as required by the company to ensure the business fulfils its legal duties and safe systems of work are maintained.
- Efficient and safe running and operation of plant and equipment.
- Completion of production, process and quality records.
- Completion of routine preventative maintenance tasks to improve machinery performance and uptime and equipment and process checks and inspections reporting all faults and abnormal conditions.
- Ensuring housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained, including support and involvement of 5s activities
- Participating and contributing in problem solving activities as part of on-going continuous improvement initiatives.
- Attending production meetings and briefs as required.
- Liaison with management and production support functions in addition to communicating and supporting team members at all times.
- Understand and comply with health and safety regulations and the relevant statutory requirements.
- Comply with the sites ‘code of practice’ together with Forbo Floors internal policies and procedures.
- Undertake additional duties as directed by the team leader or line manager
- Be a motivated self starter with proven team working abilities
- Be capable of following written and verbal instructions
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Be conscientious
- Have good attention to detail
- Be computer literate
- Be flexible in working and accommodate overtime demands were necessary for the business
Ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of plant and equipment used in the production of specialist flooring products. To work within in an open and collaborative environment, supporting colleagues and technical staff in the completion of process and quality records in addition to contributing to problem solving activities associated with operational problems ensuring plant availability and production targets are met or exceeded. This position may involve shift work and will require a reasonable degree of flexibility to support overtime and shift changes when requested thus ensure production schedules are fulfilled.
This position is a full time, 40 hours per week plus overtime.
To apply for this position, please forward your covering letter along with a current CV to the HR Office, Ripley. You can also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org