The Flooring Systems division offers a broad and attractive range of environmentally friendly natural linoleum, high-quality vinyl floors, entrance matting systems for cleaning and drying shoes, carpet tiles, needle felt, and Flotex, the washable high-tech textile flooring. Thanks to their excellent technical properties and attractive design, these flooring products are invariably the first choice for public buildings, department stores, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities, schools, libraries, commercial and office spaces, leisure centers, shops, hotels, restaurants, and cafeterias as well as for applications in the residential market. With a market share of about 70 percent, Forbo is the world leader in linoleum.
Flooring Systems also provides ready-made adhesives for floor covering installations, parquet flooring, and ceramic tiles, leveling compounds for the construction industry as well as liquid floors under the trade name Eurocol.
We are recruiting a Warehouse Operator at our production facility in Ripley, Derbyshire.
This role is for 40 hours per week operating on a 2 shift system.
To work within a team of warehouse operatives, responsible for picking & packing customer orders & put away of production.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- To play an active role in the continuous improvement of the warehouse.
- Carry out duties as directed by team leaders.
- Move stock around the warehouse in a safe manner ensuring the stock does not get damaged.
- Locate stock in the warehouse following standard operating instructions.
- Pick stock for customer orders following current standard operating instructions to ensure correct stock identification and location.
- Pack customer orders as specified, ensuring the correct labels are attached.
- Locate packed orders in the warehouse loading bay ensuring that orders are segregated.
- Load orders onto trailers and carry out the relevant checks to ensure the correct stock is loaded and the stock is secured to prevent damage in transit.
- Receive stock from production, take stock off the conveyor belt, put away and scan in
- Follow health & safety procedures including manual handling, use of fork lift trucks and correct use of personal protective equipment
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Carry out all duties in a safe professional manner
- Have an awareness of health and safety.
- Must be able to understand standard operating instructions and fill out documentation.
- Awareness of working to and achieving targets.
- A positive attitude towards the job and other team members.
- Physically fit.
- Ability to use own initiative when required.
- Ability to work alone and also within the team.
- Must be flexible and willing to work within other departments if required to do so.
- Some knowledge of I.T. systems would be an advantage.
- Counterbalance forklift truck would be an advantage.
Competitive Salary and bonus
26 days annual leave + 8 days statutory
Up to 7% matching pension contribution
Death in service benefit of 3 times annual basic salary
On-Site Canteen facilities
Private Car Parking