The Flooring Systems division offers a broad and attractive range of environmentally friendly linoleum, highquality vinyl floors, entrance flooring systems for cleaning and drying shoes, carpet tiles, needle felt, and Flotex, the washable textile flooring. Thanks to their excellent technical properties and attractive design, these flooring products are invariably the first choice for public buildings, department stores, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities, schools, libraries, commercial and office spaces, leisure centers, shops, hotels, restaurants, and cafeterias as well as for applications in the residential market. With a market share of over 65 percent, Forbo is the world leader in linoleum.
Flooring Systems also provides ready-made adhesives for flooring installations and ceramic tiles as well as leveling compounds for the construction industry under the trade name Eurocol.
Is integral to making the Telford factory tick! You will join a team who have an enthusiasm to make a great product, in a nice factory with fantastic service. We like to make things happen!
As a priority you will be tasked with ensuring that we have the right materials, in the right amounts, in the right place, at the right time! In order to do this you will need to liaise with colleagues from Purchasing, Finance, R&D, Planning and Production, and also with suppliers, current and new, local and afar.
To add to the fun you will also need to source solutions to some tricky factory problems, some of which will require a methodical project management approach. This could be a ‘simple’ consumable item, or a piece of machinery for Engineering & Production.
As an added bonus, you will develop your knowledge of our Quality, Environmental and H&S systems, helping team members (both on and off site) to manage, comply and improve in line with the site’s objectives.
You will also need to contribute to the day to day running of the business, so yes, a few not so interesting tasks!
Supply Chain Coordinator
- Ensure that the raw material levels for the site are optimised
- Actively engage with suppliers and manage supplier performance
- Develop materials/supply chain management systems in conjunction with other linked departments
- Ensure stock holding is kept at cost effective levels whilst adhering to production schedules
- Ensure system accuracy regarding material and product specifications
- Raise and place purchase orders with suppliers
- Manage interesting improvement projects, either by request or of your own initiative.
- Start to learn about ISO9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001, so that you can help to manage the existing systems and processes.
- Have experience of working in a supply chain, materials planning, materials controller, buyer role.
- Have very good GCSE/A-Level qualifications, a degree, or qualifications that would support you in the role (e.g. CIPS)
- Be a confident communicator.
- Be able to work on your own initiative with limited supervision.
- Ambitious to make improvements, and shout about them.
- You must have a driving licence, so that you can join up with colleagues, attend exhibitions, and meet existing and new suppliers.
The selection process for this position will include an interview and Psychometric testing.
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter along with a current CV or application form to the HR Office, Ripley. You can also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org