The Flooring Systems division offers a broad and attractive range of environmentally friendly linoleum, highquality vinyl floors, entrance flooring systems for cleaning and drying shoes, carpet tiles, needle felt, and Flotex, the washable textile flooring. Thanks to their excellent technical properties and attractive design, these flooring products are invariably the first choice for public buildings, department stores, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities, schools, libraries, commercial and office spaces, leisure centers, shops, hotels, restaurants, and cafeterias as well as for applications in the residential market. With a market share of over 65 percent, Forbo is the world leader in linoleum.
Flooring Systems also provides ready-made adhesives for flooring installations and ceramic tiles as well as leveling compounds for the construction industry under the trade name Eurocol.
Forbo Flooring Systems is a global player in high-quality commercial and residential floor coverings with more than 150 years of experience. We focus on environmentally friendly, functional and design-oriented floors. In our Ripley plant we are proud to produce one of our core products: Flotex Flocked Flooring.
Colour Kitchen Technician, Ripley, Derbyshire
- Undertake safety training as required by the company to ensure the business fulfils its legal duties and safe systems of work are maintained.
- Efficient and safe running and operation of plant and equipment including the completion of production, process and quality records.
- Maintaining a high level of product quality which involves visual assessment, accurately weighing dye ingredients and be able to prepare print pastes from computerised and paper recipes.
- Completion of routine preventative maintenance tasks to improve machinery performance and uptime of equipment and process checks and inspections.
- Ensure housekeeping standards and processes are improved, include supporting and involvement of 5s inc. clean & check activities, and leading or participating in continuous improvement activities.
- Liaison with management and production support functions in addition to communicating and supporting team members at all times.
- Be a motivated, reliable self-starter with proven team working abilities.
- Be capable of following written and verbal instructions.
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Be conscientious and have good attention to detail.
- Have basic knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft packages (word, excel, visio).
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility and commitment in a team working environment.
- Previous dye house / dying experience considered advantageous.
- Be able to demonstrate good colour differentiation (i.e. score <50 on Farnsworth Munsell test)
Ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of plant and equipment used in the production of specialist flooring products. To work within in an open and collaborative environment, supporting colleagues and technical staff in the completion of process and quality records in addition to contributing to problem solving activities associated with operational problems ensuring plant availability and production targets are met or exceeded. This position may involve shift work and will require a reasonable degree of flexibility to support overtime and shift changes when requested thus ensure production schedules are fulfilled.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter along with a current CV to the HR Department, Forbo Flooring UK Ltd, High Holborn Road, Ripley, Derbyshire DE5 3NT.
The selection process may involve a colour blindness / colour differentiation assessment and psychometric testing