The Flooring Systems division offers a broad and attractive range of environmentally friendly linoleum, highquality vinyl floors, entrance flooring systems for cleaning and drying shoes, carpet tiles, needle felt, and Flotex, the washable textile flooring. Thanks to their excellent technical properties and attractive design, these flooring products are invariably the first choice for public buildings, department stores, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities, schools, libraries, commercial and office spaces, leisure centers, shops, hotels, restaurants, and cafeterias as well as for applications in the residential market. With a market share of over 65 percent, Forbo is the world leader in linoleum.
Flooring Systems also provides ready-made adhesives for flooring installations and ceramic tiles as well as leveling compounds for the construction industry under the trade name Eurocol.
We are seeking a Front Line Manager to lead and strengthen our growing make to order Entrance Systems manufacturing site in Telford.
Our Telford site has seen significant growth and improved levels of service since 2012. In order to support further growth there is a requirement to recruit a Front Line Manager to drive our investment in people, new products and machinery. The Telford site is a small, profitable manufacturing site with a high quality product.
The Front Line Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient manufacturing of products on site, from sourcing raw materials to producing finished goods, whilst increasing productivity and delivering targets. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is critical to the site’s long-term growth strategy. Beyond your direct reports you will need to work closely with local Engineering, Production Planning and Supply Chain, together with offsite R&D, Customer Services, Purchasing and Finance, in the UK and internationally. This is a management position with a real ability to effect change.
You will need to demonstrate strong leadership skills with extensive experience of managing and motivating production teams. You will have an in depth understanding of production management techniques.
Front Line Manager
- Day to day ownership of site safety.
- Engaging, managing and developing the Production Team Leaders and their teams.
- Developing and clearly communicating the manufacturing plan to the team, encompassing what needs to be carried out, explaining why, by when and by whom.
- Creating a culture of ownership within each department, with the goal of each area being self-managed (people management, planning, and continuous improvement).
- Managing and improving the factory approach to Performance Management, linking measurement (e.g. OEE), projects and improvement within the agreed Performance Management framework.
- Working with Engineering and Production Team Leaders in formulating and improving the approach to maintenance activities, selecting and managing relevant suppliers and provide input when new equipment is to be delivered and maintained.
- Take the lead in managing the site’s standards, i.e. 9001, 14001, 8001, 18001.
- Have a minimum of 3 years shift management experience within the production and engineering fields.
- Be an excellent people manager with change management experience.
- Have extensive knowledge of Lean Management principles.
- Be a good project manager.
- Have good understanding of financial impacts.
- Be capable of allowing and empowering teams to create scope and direction.
- Be able to manage a diverse group often with conflicting interests to achieve a common goal.
- A HNC is desired.