You can also immediately download the following Flotex documents here:
Forbo Flotex Environmental Datasheet
Document download centre
Forbo has a wide variety of promotional and technical documentation available for Flotex flocked flooring, including technical specifications and environmental datasheets. All documents can be found on the following link document download centre
Full installation, cleaning and maintenance instructions for the Flotex flocked flooring range can be downloaded below:
Flotex Tiles & Planks Installation Guide
Forbo Flotex Floor Care
Forbo Flotex range guarantee statement
Forbo also offer a full range of tools, installation aids and Eurocol installation products. To visit our full Installation and Floorcare section, please click here
Click here to watch our ‘Clean and Care’ video to see how the floor below was quickly and simply cleaned to look just like a new floor:
Flotex Cleaning & Maintenance Video
Click here to watch our 'Installation' video:
Flotex Installation Video
Click here to watch our 'Repair' video:
Flotex Repair video
The embossed lines in Flotex Cityscape create an intriguing 3 dimensional floor design that changes in the light from whatever angle you look at it. The grid like embossed patterns create an exciting tactile look & feel, whilst retaining their Class 33 performance.
This unique embossed flocked tile consists of a dense surface of indestructible nylon 6.6 fibers that have been modified by spot heating and pressure of a precision embossing plate. This creates a landscape pattern over the surface of the Flotex tiles, retaining all of the unique Flotex product features.
Why choose Flotex Cityscape tiles?
Strong & comfortable
● Indestructible nylon 6.6 fibres create a strong and durable high tech textile for areas of high foot and wheeled traffic.
● Densely placed fibers (up to 80 million per m2) provide a warm and comfortable surface.
● Flotex tiles are extremely dimensional stable and easy to install.
Hygienic & washable
● Because of its construction, Flotex acts as an anti-allergen high tech textile.
● The Flotex fibers capture and release dust to standard cleaning appliances.
● Flotex can be cleaned through simple vacuuming, steam cleaning or deep scrub action with water. The Flotex surface dries quickly and always restores to its function and original appearance.
Safe & quiet
● Flotex is a textile flooring that prevents mold and odors thanks to its technical and bacteriostatic qualities.
● Flotex provides a safe environment for all age groups as it prevents tripping or slipping hazards both in dry and wet conditions.
● Excellent sound absorption properties make Flotex an acoustic flooring solution (class A), with 19 dB impact sound reduction.
Allergy UK has conducted a survey to ask people how they think about their workplace in relation to the presence of allergens. They concluded that close to 27% of working people could be allergic to their workplace.
Flotex has a unique construction that captures allergens and fine dust from the air and is easy to clean. It is even a better textile solution for allergens than hypoallergenic carpet floors. Vacuuming a Flotex flooring removes double the allergens compared to conventional carpet floors. This is one of the reasons why Forbo's Flotex flocked flooring is the only textile floor covering to be awarded the prestigious Allergy UK Seal of Approval™.
Forbo’s manufacturing operations for Flotex in Great Britain and France secure a high quality floor covering, produced with green electricity and minimum waste streams that are all recycled in the floor.
Flotex is created with nylon 6.6 fibres. All dies and inks that are used to create the Flotex designs are water based. No additional chemical processes take place other than high temperature steam treatment to secure the colours.
Flotex makes use of waste streams of other Forbo production locations to be transformed into the backing of the floor coverings. Recycled content in Flotex is up to 67% of the backing content.
A big advantage for using Flotex is the extreme performance of the floor covering, with a product life time that surpasses that of ordinary textiles by a factor 6.
Simple cleaning & maintenance
Flotex can be cleaned by using water and a simple detergent. For most staining, simple household soap is enough to clean the product, while other detergent clean away ink, oil and more severe stains. After use Flotex can be recycled back into the production process.
The unique construction of Flotex allows to release soling like no other textile flooring. The smooth straight fibres of Flotex do not trap particles of soil, allowing them to be removed without difficulty during cleaning. Here you can find different documents regarding installation and cleaning & maintenance of Flotex flocked floorings.
Download here the Flotex cleaning & maintenance instructions
Download here the Flotex installation instructions