The Flooring Systems division offers a broad and attractive range of environmentally friendly linoleum, highquality vinyl floors, entrance flooring systems for cleaning and drying shoes, carpet tiles, needle felt, and Flotex, the washable textile flooring. Thanks to their excellent technical properties and attractive design, these flooring products are invariably the first choice for public buildings, department stores, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities, schools, libraries, commercial and office spaces, leisure centers, shops, hotels, restaurants, and cafeterias as well as for applications in the residential market. With a market share of over 65 percent, Forbo is the world leader in linoleum.
Flooring Systems also provides ready-made adhesives for flooring installations and ceramic tiles as well as leveling compounds for the construction industry under the trade name Eurocol.
Objective of the position
Executing design related tasks for the linoleum product portfolio in a dedicated team of product management, innovation and design. Working closely together with R&D, quality department, pilot factory, production and marketing to realize attractive collections, products and services. (Inter)national collaborations with customers, sales organizations and colleagues from other product categories secure a market driven approach.
Junior Designer Linoleum
As Designer your responsibilities are:
- important team player in multi-disciplined project groups;
- develop and visualize concepts and colours for specific product collections;
- support in the development of the communication concepts, which goes together with collection development;
- generate, develop and independently experiment with new design / product opportunities;
- working with the pilot factory to visualize the concepts in mock up samples;
- gather international customer feedback and insights across different countries and different target audiences;
- define relevant trends, follow competitors in the market, visualize the outcome;
- prepare internal and external presentations and be able to present towards internal and external stakeholders;
- coordinate the design process through project management.
- Bachelor degree in Design. Preferably with 2 years of relevant work experience in a creative role, f.i. in interior, graphic of surface design.
- Required competencies: creative and strong aesthetic perspective; result oriented team player; hands-on; good communication skills and flexibility.
- Inspired and challenged by industrial processes and a commercial environment.
- Able to think analytically and conceptually as well as able to get things done.
- Spoken and written English, Dutch, if not spoken willingness to learn it, German and French nice to have.
- Working from the Assendelft office, you are based in the Netherlands.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Digital skills: Adobe (Indesign), Photoshop, Office (PowerPoint).
We offer interesting terms of employment (including a fixed 13th month and a cao à la carte procedure) in a professional and inspiring organization. We provide the opportunity to develop, on personal as well as professional level.
Information & application
If you would like to have more information about this job opportunity, please contact Edwin Duijnisveld, Director Product Management, Innovation & Design Linoleum via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)612994180.
To apply, please use the 'apply' button below. Your application will be processed by René Groenenboom, HR Manager.
Please send a digital portfolio, resume and a motivational letter. An assessment will be part of this procedure.
January 20th, 2018.