The majority of Forbo floor coverings have an advanced factory finish applied at the end of the manufacturing process.
• There is no need to attempt to remove this finish, which provides the perfect base for modern low-cost cleaning and maintenance regimes
• Removing the UV cured finish could be harmful to the floorcovering and reduce optimal life
• Never apply polish to anti-static, static-conductive or safety floorcoverings. In the same way a car needs petrol, oil and servicing to run smoothly, so does a floor covering need to have soiling removed and a regular yet simple programme ‘tuned’ to the performance required.
• Heavy traffic increased frequency, less traffic less frequency. No floor covering cleans itself after midnight no matter what you may hear.
General Cleaning Advice
Protect newly laid floors
All newly laid floors should be covered and protected from all other trades during the contract with a suitable non-staining protective covering. Use protective feet on chairs and tables to reduce scratching. Castor wheels should be of soft material suitable for resilient floor coverings (according to EN425)
Use Entrance Systems
Keep your floor and premises looking clean & presentable with proper entrance flooring. Forbo Coral reduces cleaning time by up to 65% and can stop up to 95% of dirt and moisture from entering a building. Whether it be a single classroom or large multi-purpose building, Coral can help extend your internal floors life and reduce cleaning costs.
view our coral collection
1. Where possible, PREVENT dirt from reaching the floorcovering: it will take less time and effort to clean.
2. Use MINIMUM MOISTURE and aim for MAXIMUM SOIL REMOVAL. Clean dry what can be cleaned dry: it is safer and more cost-effective.
3. PREVENTION is better than cure. Good initial preparation of a resilient floor will set a high standard of appearance which it will be cost-effective to maintain and which will enhance the life cycle of the product.
4. LEAVE NO RESIDUAL ALKALINITY. Many cleaning chemicals are alkaline: however, probably more cleaning problems are created by alkaline residues than by any other factor. Rinse neutralise wherever highly alkaline chemicals are used.
5. NO CONTAMINATION of equipment. Colour code mops to ensure contamination of maintenance materials does not occur.