Both Marmoleum and Flotex products have received the British Allergy Foundation's Seal of Approval due to the fact that they do not harbour bacteria or dust mites, contributing to healthier indoor environments.
find out more about allergy uk
When it comes to infection control and stopping Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), what better place to start than from the flooring up?
Our Marmoleum and Flotex products are proven to inhibit the growth and spread of infections such as MRSA, Norovirus and C Difficile, helping to contribute to a healthier and more hygienic environment in any area of a hospital.
Marmoleum's ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria stems from the natural raw materials that go into its production, namely linseed oil. An inherent property of the product, the anti-bacterial qualities of Marmoleum won't diminish over time, giving peace of mind and constant protection from the moment it is installed.
Independent testing by the University of Glasgow has proven that Marmoleum has a unique suitability for a diverse range of environments where hygiene and control of bacteria such as MRSA or E. coli is an everyday concern.
Explore our marmoleum ranges
There are over 70 million nylon 6.6 fibres per m². The fibres are solid in construction - 6.6 is the best option for flocked flooring as it has superior wear characteristics and abrasion resistance to other yarns. These fibres are matt in the surface finish to reduce the visibility of soiling and compression, e.g. in high traffic areas.
• A waterproof PVC adhesive is used, which bonds the flock to the backing whilst providing an impermeable layer to resist moisture.
• A glass fibre net is used to enhance tensile strength and tear resistance. It also adds 'lay flat' properties to the finished sheet product.
• There is a second layer of glass fibre - this double strength reinforcement provides greater dimensional stability and non-shrink/curl characteristics.
• There is an additional PVC foam layer in sheet product, which provides comfort and acoustic performance - an impact noise reduction of up to 20dB.
• Flotex offers constant protection against bacteria, including MRSA, E-coli and the development of stale odors and fungal growth.
Explore our flotex ranges
Learn more about flotex