|Tools|| : ||Stanley-knife.|
|Application temperature|| : |
* The mentioned values have been established in our laboratory and must be considered as guidelines in view of possible variations in climatic circumstances, subfloor compositions and layer thickness.
The substrate must be pressure- and tension-resistant, permanently dry, free of cracks and dust, even and free of layers that reduce adhesion.
Adhesion-reducing layers, old material residues must be removed by suitable mechanical measures in accordance with the specifications of DIN 18365/DIN 18356/DIN 18352.
Minor unevenness is bridged by bonding the underlay.
Larger unevenness must be levelled with Eurocol levelling compounds suitable for the substrate and application.
The installation materials to be used must be suitable for the substrate and the intended use.
- In advance always seek our technical data sheets. In doubt about the application ask for technical advice.
Working method as a sound insulating mat:
- Place the mats along the borders of the subfloor, which are provided with 802 Foam Strips. To prevent sound leaks apply the foam strips also against the tiling.
- Apply 542 Eurofix Tack Plus on the subfloor with a lambswool roller. Apply the mats into the wet 542 Eurofix Tack Plus.
- Apply the mats stretching bond to one another (print at the upper side). Cut the mats with a stanley-knife.
- To prevent that the tile adhesive will cause a sound leak with the subfloor by the seams or borders, finish the seams and mat/foam strip connection with 685 Eurocoat (drying time approx. 1 hour).
- Apply the tiles with 705 Watertight Tile Adhesive (wet areas) or 709 Superflex (spreader 6x6 of 8x8 mm). When fixing in wet areas first apply and impervious layer of 705 Watertight Tile Adhesive of approx. 3 mm. After drying fix the tiles. Fix light-coloured tiles such as natural stone with 711 Uniflex or 720 Unicol (both suitable for application in wet and dry areas).
- Grout tiles after minimum 24 hours with 706 Special Grout WT (wet areas).
- Cut the foam strips with a knife and finish with a skirting or joint sealant.
- Laboratory research has proved that application of 820 Eurocol DIM Floor, including tile completion can improve the impact-sound insulation with ÄLW +16 dB (DIN-EN-ISO 140-8) or ÄLlin+5 dB (NEN-EN-ISO 140-8). Although in practice the height of the improvement depends on the subfloor combination and condition. Therefore Forbo Eurocol gives no guarantee on the final achieved sound reduction.
Working method as a declutching mat:
- Application as mentioned above. Apply the mats tight to one another; it is not necessary to finish the seams and borders with 685 Eurocoat.