The Flooring Systems division offers a broad and attractive range of environmentally friendly linoleum, highquality vinyl floors, entrance flooring systems for cleaning and drying shoes, carpet tiles, needle felt, and Flotex, the washable textile flooring. Thanks to their excellent technical properties and attractive design, these flooring products are invariably the first choice for public buildings, department stores, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities, schools, libraries, commercial and office spaces, leisure centers, shops, hotels, restaurants, and cafeterias as well as for applications in the residential market. With a market share of over 65 percent, Forbo is the world leader in linoleum.
Flooring Systems also provides ready-made adhesives for flooring installations and ceramic tiles as well as leveling compounds for the construction industry under the trade name Eurocol.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this role is for a modern apprentice who wants to train in all aspects of Supply Chain; including Production Planning, Materials Control, Warehousing and Group Sales Support. The position is based in Ripley, Derbyshire.
Supply Chain Apprentice
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic team working skills
- Computer literate (basic)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good time management
- Good communication skills, particularly telephone and e-mail
- Be enthusiastic
- Develop skills and knowledge of production planning:
- Understand demand planning
- Understand production scheduling
- Understand MRP process
- Develop skills and knowledge of materials control:
- Understand the link between material control & production scheduling
- Understand how to review material requirements - short term & long term
- Understand how to place orders for raw materials & packaging
- Develop skills and knowledge of the raw materials storage:
- Understand the process for receipting raw material deliveries and issuing raw materials
- Develop skills and knowledge of the finished goods warehouse
- Understand the processes in the warehouse - stock put away, picking, packing cutting, samples.
- Understand inventory control and the link with planning
- Understand the processes within the office - outbounds, shipments, documentation etc.
- Develop skills and understanding of group sales support function
- - Logistics - including cross docking between sites
- - Sales order processing
- Develop generic skills and knowledge
Vision Apprenticeships will be managing this position.